Freshening a newly purchased animal
BoviSync blocks entering 'Freshening' events for animals that are less than 150 DCC. Sometimes there are rare instances where you need to enter a Freshen event for an animal less than 150 days carried calf. An example would be a newly purchased animal that doesn't have past data in the system.
In this example, we will freshen a newly created animal:
1. First we must make the animal pregnant in order to Freshen the animal. Go to Enter Event and enter a Preg Check event as shown below:
It is important that the animal is at least 150 DCC (If animal is less than 150DCC BoviSync will block you from freshening the animal)
The date of the Preg Check must occur prior to the Freshen event.
2. Now that the animal is marked as Pregnant, we will be able to enter the Freshen event.
3. Go to Enter Event and enter a Freshen event:
4. You will now be prompted to enter calf information for that Freshening. You can choose 'Omit Calf Info' if you do not want to add a calf.
5. You have now successfully entered a 'Freshen' event. Below is a screenshot showing the animal Fresh:
Events and Basic Event Entry
Events in BoviSync are important things that happen to an animal that should be or are recorded. They might be when an animal is dried off or when an animal freshens. All events have a few things in common: an animal ID associated with the event, an ...
Freshening an Animal in the BoviSync Web Application
How to freshen an animal in BoviSync: Fresh events may be entered from the web application or mobile application. Users use the web application if they simply want to record fresh events. The mobile application allows for recording more information ...
Event Entry (Batch Entry)
Batch Entry allows anyone to easily enter events in a batch (multiple animals at once). You can use batch entry to update the following information for individual animals: Body Condition Scores Height Weight Locomotion Scores Milk Weights There are ...
Adding Freshening on the Phone
This knowledge base will walk you through how to see up Freshen Entry, Freshen Birth Calves Event Set Freshen Entry 1) Click Enter Event 2) Click Add New Set 3) Name it Freshen 4) Add Event Type Freshen 5) Decide if you want to record Dystoica Score ...
Animal Report Items
This is a list of report items available in the animal reports as of 4/23/2018. We are continually adding new report items, so this is an incomplete list. Short Name Full Report Item Name Other1LTNote 1 Other note (lifetime) (Other1LTNote) ...