The BoviSync team has developed an extensive set of pre-designed reports for users in the Reports menu (depicted below), Report Starter Set
, and Report Map
However, there will always be needs for farm-specific reports beyond these pre-designed reports. One of the best ways to create a new report is to modify a pre-designed report to fit your specific report needs. Here is a simple example of how to modify a report. We will use this SCC by DIM
report for this demonstration, which depicts DIM on the x axis and SCC on the y axis.
Let's say you like this graph, but you would like to see similar information categorized by lactation group and only for the first 300 days in milk.
Here are the steps to follow to make these changes:
1. Click the "Modify Report" button above the graph.
2. Under the last "for" statement, change "DIM at test day" to less or equal to 300.
3. Next, click on the "Add by" button.
4. For "Aggregate By", type "Lactation group."
5. Click on "Fetch Report" below the input boxes.
6. The new graph should now show there lines (one for each lactation group) and a shorter length for the x-axis of 300 days as depicted below.
Now that you have the new report to better meet your farm-specific needs, you can save it as a farm report:
1. Click the "Save Report" button.
2. Change the title of the report to better reflect the new report. For example, you could change it to "SCC by DIM by Lact."
3. In the category dropdown menu, change the category to "Milk Quality."
4. Check the "Save as Farm Report" button.
5. Click on "Save Report."
6. Now, the graph will show up in your farm reports.
Using Company Reports and Report Packs
Company users have access to a set of reports that have been created specifically for your company by your company administrator. When viewing reports in Report Manager, you may have both Company Reports and Report Pack tabs. When logged into a farm, ...
Background and Purpose BoviSync allows users to use both current and new bulls in events. Many farms are using bulls that haven't been added to active sire lists. Entries and imports create "farm sires" in pedigrees, breedings, and implants when they ...
Hide Reports from Farm Reports Drop Down Menu
Written Instructions: 1. Go to Setup > Farm Setup 2. Click on the 'Farm Reports' tab 3. Find the report you want to hide 4. Double click the row to make changes 5. In the 'Active' column, set the value to N (no) 6. Strike 'Enter' on the keyboard to ...
Configuring Auto-Downloads for Reports
Related articles: Add/Change/Edit Directories for Data Client 1. Navigate to the 'Farm Setup' page (Setup > Farm Setup) 2. Select 'Farm Reports' tab Note: For user reports, go to User Preferences and then User Reports. 3. Find the report you would ...
Reports are the primary place for getting information on what and how the farm, pens, and animals are doing. Pre-defined or Global Reports BoviSync comes with many pre-defined reports that are most often used. These reports are grouped into ...